Maple Rosemary Nuts
Theses sweet and savoury nuts are a favourite amongst our friends. Easy to make & a great gift.
ROSEMARY MAPLE NUTS
YIELD - 9 jars (500 ml)
PREP TIME – 30 minutes
10 cups of raw or roasted nuts
*I like Central Roast Balance Mix, it’s a blend of Roasted Cashews, Almonds, Pecans, Diced Dried Apple and bits of Ginger
1 cup of Ghee
1/2 cup real Maple Syrup
1/2 cup Maple Sugar
1/2 - 1 cup fresh Rosemary (TT)
1/4 cup Himalayan Pink Salt
Optional - 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you like things)
1. In a large skillet or Dutch oven, toast the nuts over medium heat, stirring frequently so that they don’t burn.
2. In a small saucepan, melt Ghee and Maple Syrup together. Once melted, add Rosemary (and Cayenne if you are choosing to go this route)
3. When the nuts are toasted (when the vast majority have darkened spots), pour the Ghee mixture over the nuts and toss to coat.
4. Add Maple Sugar and salt, by tossing again to coat.
5. Spread the glazed nuts out on a parchment lined cookie sheet (makes for far easier clean up) and roast in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on how hot your oven runs. Keep an eye, the already roasted nuts with this much sugar are quick to burn.
6. Let them cool completely before transferring into jars.
Be sure to package these babies up quickly, they tend to disappear fast when left out on the counter!