These creamy, rich, decadent desserts are full of heathy fats, protein & low in sugar. They are delicious plain or wonderful with the topping of your choice. I chose Peanut Butter & Raspberry Jam, cuz any chance to have PB&J...
YIELD - 12 Portions
PREP TIME - 40 minutes
*5-6 hours including setting time
1 cup pitted, no sugar added Organic Dates
1/2 cup Organic, Central Roast Walnuts
1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
1 1/2 cups Organic, Central Roast Raw Cashews
*soaked in hot filtered water with a pinch of himalayan pink salt for 30 minutes
1/3 cup Organic Lemon Juice
1/3 cup Organic Coconut Oil, melted
3/4 cup Coconut Cream (I like Earth's Choice)
2 Tbls Maple Syrup
1 Tbls Vanilla Bean Paste or 1 whole Vanilla Bean
Pinch himalayan pink salt
5 Tbls Organic Peanut Butter
2 Tbls Organic Coconut Oil
1. Add dates, walnuts & shredded coconut to a food processor and blend until its only small bits remain and you can pinch it together. Remove and set aside.
2. Lightly grease a standard, 12 slot muffin tin with coconut oil.
3. Scoop in heaping 1 Tbsp amounts of crust and press with fingers. Set in freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.
4. While crust is setting in the freezer, add all filling ingredients to a blender and mix until very smooth.
5. Add more Lemon Juice or Coconut Oil if you need to loosen mixture.
6. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
7. Divide filling evenly among the muffin tins. Tap a few times to release any air bubbles, then cover with plastic wrap and freeze until hard - about 4-6 hours.
8. After your Cheesecakes have had at least 20 minutes in the freezer, start working on your topping.
9. Combine Peanut Butter & Organic Coconut Oil in small saucepan over a medium heat and whisk until combined.
10. Spoon the Peanut Butter mixture over each Cheesecakes, allowing to spread to the edges and return to the freezer.
11. Spoon 1 tsp of Raspberry (or Strawberry or Blueberry) Jam on top of the Peanut Butter topping & return to the freezer.
12. Optional: You can set them out for 10 minutes before serving to soften, but I liked them frozen as well.
* You can enjoy with just Peanut Butter or just Jam or with a drizzle or Dark Chocolate, think of all the ways you've enjoyed Cheesecake and have fun with this. I'm thinking of trying Dulce de Leche next :)
*Adapted from The Minimalist Baker. She's brilliant, easy to follow and my go to, most of the time. Check her out, I know you'll love her as much as I do.