Stonewall Kitchen Maple Chipotle Cauliflower Bites
I LOVE chicken wings but I love finding ways to replace animal proteins with vegetables more - who's with me!?
The depth of flavour found in the Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce is the perfect compliment to anything you want to roast or grill. The nutty, smokey sweet flavour is a perfect pairing for these cashew crusted cauliflower bites.
So many delicious inspirations thanks to Stonewall Kitchens line of Grille Sauces. This is the first of many recipes I created with them & its quickly become one of our favourites.
Stonewall Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce Cauliflower Bites
A Vegan alternative to Chicken Wings
YIELD - 4 - 5 portions (depending on size of cauliflower)
PREP TIME - 45 minutes
1 large head of Cauliflower
2 cups of Almond Flour
2 Tbsp Xannthan Gum
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 cup of Oat Milk
1 cup of Coarse Ground Cashews
1/2 cup Almond Meal
1/2 cup of Canola Oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a cooling rack on top of the parchment paper, set aside.
3. Cut cauliflower into bit size pieces, using the whole head, including the stems.
***The only waste here should be the leaves, unless you have a soup stock going, then you throw the leaves in there.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and blanch the cauliflower quickly. Leave the cauliflower pieces to cool on your cooling rack whirl you prepare your coating station.
5. Using 3 shallow bowls or pie pans: Combine Almond Flour, Xanthan Gum S&P in one, Oat Milk to the next and Ground Cashew + Almond Meal in the last.
8. Drudge cooled cauliflower pieces in almond flour mixture, then milk, then cashew coating and rest on celling rack.
9. Use 1 hand for wet & 1 hand for dry to help keep hands from getting too messy.
10. Brush with Canola oil and bake at 425 for 20 - 22 minutes.
11. Remove from oven & brush with Stonewall Kitchen Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce. Ensure to cover completely, turning over and getting into all the little nooks and crevices.
12. Bake at 425 for 5 more minutes and then broil for 1-3 minutes to caramelize the sauce a bit more.
13. Serve immediately & enjoy!
Photos by Josh Tenn-Yuk courtesy of Stonewall Kitchen May 2019