Nothing says PARTAY like Shrimp & I never met a Shrimp that I didn't like...but this Coconut Shrimp with SWK Hot Pepper Peach Jam is my new fave! Its easy peasy, crowd pleasing and a great make ahead. So whip this up for your next soiree and be the toast of your town.
Coconut Shrimp with Stonewall Kitchens Hot Pepper Peach Jam
YIELD: 31 - 35 Shrimp
PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
1 lbs Raw, Cleaned Large Shrimp with the tail left on (31/35)
1/3 cup Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Large Eggs
2 Tbsp Stonewall Kitchens Hot Pepper Peach Jam
3/4 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1 cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
1 cup Canadian Canola Oil
1. Start with 3 bowls. Combine flour and salt in the first one. Beat eggs and Hot Pepper Jam in the second. Combine panic and Shredded Coconut in the third bowl.
2. Dip Shrimp in then flour mixture, then the egg, then the coconut mixture. Pressing gently to make sure the coating is adhering.
3. Set the Coconut coated shrimp aside on a clean plate, until all shrimp have been coated.
4. Heat Canola Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Cook the shrimp in Canola oil, 6 - 7 at a time (depending on the size of your pan) be sure not to overcrowd your pan.
6. Turn shrimp carefully when the bottom starts to brown.
***If you want to prep thsi as a "make ahead" freezing till you'e ready to cook; only cook slightly, to light brown. So you can freeze and reheat later without overcooking
7. Transfer each cooked shrimp to a paper towel lined plate, to soak u0p excess oil.
8. Serve with Stonewall Kitchen Hot Pepper Peach Jam